Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Challenge: How to run this recurring report: Time-To-First-Response (for each board)?

I can make leaderhship very happy if I provide a WEEKLY recurring TTFR (time-to-first-repsonse) report like:

Here's the Time-To-First-Response data for each category/board in the past week:

Food Items [category]: 3,128 minutes (avg)

• Crumb Cake [forum]: 8,505 minutes
  • Cheesecake [forum]: 130 minutes
  • Cheese [forum]: 748 minutes

Food Prep [category]: 195 minutes (avg)

• Machines [forum]: 111 minutes
  • Uni-Taskers Suck [forum]: 280 minutes

etc...

If any of you can assist with the solution, I will give you an emoji of your choice.

• You aren’t using the bulk data API?  Our data ninja has this all setup for us so I could ping him, but guessing you are trying to this in Community?

keithkelly
      Leader

Good Q - I don't care where I do it from, but upon first look at the Bulk Data API I thought it was more Care-related and not so much about Community.  Perhaps I dismissed it without fallacious or blatantly errant reasoning. 

I do have bulk data API access turned on and quite enjoy getting my hands dirty in dev/api stuff. 

StanGromer
        Boss

Oh yeah, if you have somewhere to play with the data, Bulk Data is the way to go. The downside being you can only grab data from 30 or 90 days back initially, and then have to keep grabbing it daily to maintain it.

While not everything, it’s near enough to say it’s everything you could ever want and more… to calculate anything you could ever want and more. It’s been so refreshing to ask our reporting analyst for anything, and he makes it all appear soon after.

• The short answer would be Admin > Metrics, basically put your community URL in front of this:

t5/bizapps/page/tab/community:admin:analytics-main:advanced-metrics?board_selection=<board.id>&date_range=3-7-2023%2C3-14-2023&granularity=Weekly&metrics=avg_thread_response_time&metrics_scope=board&user_selection=Empty

add a board ID (you can also choose categories) and that should give you the data you want for a single board or category.

There's of course a custom/long answer to this which involves coding your own solution, but maybe the above is all you need?

The "automatic"/easy way is basically the metric "avg_thread_response_time", but technically we can also calculate that by ourselves, it's just much more, let's say, "involved" 😉

• When you run that report, does it email you a CSV chunk dumped in the body of an email?  (that's what it sends me)

I wonder if there's a way to get it to email the CSV itself, or heck, display the report on the UI.