Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Choose Avatar pop-up is not working

Hi,

I have uploaded an image in our Staging environment as my Avatar. When I navigate to the 'View Profile Page', and click on the Avatar, the Choose Avatar pop-up is not being displayed.

However, it is working fine for users with Lithium defined images as their avatars.

Could anyone please help as to why the choose avatar does not work for uploaded images?

Thanks,

Srujana.

srujanayeruvaka
      Champion

Hi Claudius,

Nothing happens when I click on the edit icon and I don't see any errors in the console. The edit icon works fine with Lithium default images and avatar collection we uploaded. This is not working only for my personal pic that I uploaded as avatar. I tried checking with other users too who uploaded their personal pics as avatars. The edit icon is not working for them too.

Thanks,

Srujana.

ClaudiusH
        Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for clarifying. I was first understanding you were using the studio interface to upload new avatar assets.

But if I understand you correctly you were using the photo album upload to add your picture. In this scenario you might want to check that your test user has the permission "Use an uploaded avatar image".

I'm still a bit confused because you say "edit icon works fine with Lithium default avatars, but not for my personal picture". Because the out of the box behaviour when clicking the edit button on the profile page is to show a lightbox that would offer you the choice between uploading a new photo from your computer, your already uploaded photos in your albums and picking one from the community avatar collections:

"Edit Avatar" popup on Lithium Community

Do you see this lightbox at all?