Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Get related discussion while posting new message.

Hi,

Currently, while posting new message we get related topics in dropdown as shown below :

Suppose, I want related discussions on PostPage with detailed information at the bottom of page as shown below : 

Is there any OOB component for the same which I have to place after editor ?

Please let me know your response.

Thanks,

Vishwajeet.

• vishwajeet_hol - It is not available OOB, but we have done a similar customization where we pull the related articles as the user types in the post page. You can make additional call to get more details such as description, author etc. LMK if you need more details. 

irach15
      Maven

VarunGrazitti,

I'm creating aka LiveChat custom component.

Where the user is typing a question and see related discussions from a specific board so it looks like 'chatting'.

Do you have some code you can share the way you've mentioned?

I'm doing it via Ajax calls.

- What is the user still wants to post a question to a specific board?

How to do it? via Ajax again?

- How to refresh aka polling and if another new post there pop it on the top?

-------

I'm using some of ideas in Dev discussions to search before posting. I'm pooling messages subject, body and author.

However I can't pull avatars. 

- Is it anyway to do it in one Ajax call?

I know I can make it another api call to get it... but how to get in inside another ajax call because I'm using jquery each method:

$.each(result.response.messages.message, function(index, msg) {
      msgMarkup += "<tr><td class='subj'><a href='" + msg.view_href + "'>" + msg.subject.$ + "</a></td><td class='date-time'>${result_post_time}" + msg.post_time.view_date + " " +  msg.post_time.view_time + "</td><td>${result_post_by}" + "<span class='author'><a href='" + msg.author.view_href + "'>" + msg.author.login.$ + "</a></span></td><td class='date-time'>${result_edit_time}" + msg.last_edit_time.view_date + " " +  msg.last_edit_time.view_time + "</td><td>${result_post_by}" + "<span class='author'><a href='" + msg.last_edit_author.view_href + "'>" + msg.last_edit_author.login.$ + "</a></span></td></tr>";
      }
      and appending to 'suggested posts'

any code snippets appreciated.