Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Used API to move messages, you won't believe what happened next

Hi all.

I just used API v1 to bulk move some messages and now the top of my entire notification feed is full of messages posted between now and 2015.

My guess is that it happened because, when moving messages manually there is a fairly new option not to notify users, and the API doesn't have a flag to disable this?

Had a look at the API v2 documentation and that doesn't look like it has a flag either.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

• I really hope that's something they can easily add to the API. A flag would be awesome.

•  

clickbait title much. it's developers forum not marketing....

Willem
        Guide
        True.. im just grumpy on this forum, waiting 2+ weeks for an Lithium developer to reply on my questions. Meanwhile seeing if i can help others out. Hope you got helped anyway, cause i didnt bother to read it all *grumpy*
      Wendy_S
      Boss

You are so right, ClaudiusH 

PerBonomi We're facing the same issue and we tested, retested as we hoped that the "Do not notify" would also kick in when moving through the API. Have a read up here if you like.

We've confirmed with Lithium that there is no way around this at the moment and in order to move a lot of our older content into a repository we must now accomplish this through launching a migration project with Lithium.

There are many ideas already around "archiving" needs and I indeed had it on my to do list to request a product enhancement for moving posts through the API. After all, it is currently our Best Alternative towards moving older topics out of the way in lack of a product functionality embedded in Lithium's software. Dear Lithium...your clients need more abilities to perform content management. Since communities have become very popular and they've been growing out of the soil as mushrooms, you must realize that many communities are mature and need to keep their community with fresh and relevant content. This is, imho, a no-brainer ;-)

Make it happen please.

I will go ahead and log an idea for this one.

Cheers

Wendy