Forum Discussion

10 years ago

what is the lithium-sdk on npm for nodejs?

I'm about to start writing a rest API node module for the Lithium API, and noticed there is a lithium-sdk on NPM.  There is noreal readme for the repository and the small note that is there says:

Lithium-Klout SDK.

I want an easy way to interact with an enterprise Lithium instence, and was hoping this would handle the simple plumbing of getting tokens and possibly wrap API endpoints in methods.

Does it do that?  If not I'll just create my own :)

JeffY
    Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi adskdave -- Here are the details on the Lithium-Klout SDK (username/password = sdk/sdk):  http://sdk-docs.lithium.com/learn/overview 

It is a complement to Studio and allows you to develop and deploy community customizations.  You're able to use your own tools and source control instead of the Studio UI.  We happened to implement the client tool in node, but it doesn't have any node libraries for custom, third-party apps right now.  Maybe you'd be willing to share yours?

adskdave
      Adept
      When I visit that link i get a http-basic auth popup, i don't know what the username / password for that site are.

It would be nice if you guys could write a proper README.md on github and npm, just to save future users this question :)

As for our node module, we are wrapping it in a larger aggregator, so i won't release it for now....it will be integrated in the MEAN.io stack fwiw :)
        JeffY
        Lithium Alumni (Retired)
        The username and password are included in my reply above, just before the link.

Regarding the README.md, thanks for the feedback. We're in the process of updating it now. The product is in beta so we're not quite finished with the final touches!
  • It appears to be a scaffolding tool for developing Lithium plugins.

A Community API module would be pretty sweet!