Forum Discussion

e72747
Adept
9 years ago

Widget not showing after user sign in.

Hello,

Just having a strange issue with certain widgets displaying.

Is there an area where i can specify which widgets are available before / after sign in?

Our community home page has the "My Badges" widget which strangely shows when a user has NOT signed in but disappears once a user signs in.

This needs to work the complete opposite way.

Kind Regards,

e72747

• e72747 - The out of the box widgets have their own set of permissions and appear based upon those. If they are exclusive for the logged in users, they will only appear when they login. Moreover, if there is no content in a widget, it wont show up at all.

Coming to your second question, could you re check that? It should work fine if it is an OOB component.

e72747
      Adept

Thanks for your reply Varun.

I had a play with creating a custom component which would display the widget based on if the user is logged in, but the same thing is happening so I assume the permission must be incorrect on the OOB component, would somthing like this be possible?

The following within a custom component will only work when a user is not logged in, <@component id="badges.widget.user-badges-list" name="1" panel="true" />

Would i be needing to raise a support ticket for somthing like this?

Screenshots of issue attached.