Forum Discussion

lenovoesupport
Contributor
8 years ago

API to get Moved Message and the Moved Message Url

Is there any API to tell if a message has been moved (i.e. check if a message is a placeholder message)?
I am currently using V2 API query “SELECT * FROM messages WHERE id IN ('one id','other id') and placeholder = true”. But placeholder’s value will be set to true only if I have set the setting “Leave placeholder” while moving a message. So this placeholder = true is not a setting on which I can totally rely on to check if the message is moved message or not.

Also, if I select setting “Merge with an existing topic, article, idea, or entry” then a moved message URL is coming into the placeholder but when I hit the API “/restapi/vc/messages/id/[id]/body” then moved message URL is not coming under body content. So how will I get the moved message new URL with the help of REST API.

• Hi lenovoesupport  you can use canonical URL to identify the moved message.  If canonical URL is different than view href URL  it means it is moved message. (see screenshot)

Screenshot (1).png
      lenovoesupport
      Contributor

VikasB

Thanks for your reply.

For the moved thread, We've tried V2 API to query the message detail, but didn't see a field called canonical_url;

The same thing is for V1 API, but the value is null.

I am not sure if extra settings are required to show the canonical url property in the API.

If we could see canonical_url, I think the solution should work.

Thanks