Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Custom quilt (SDK) bug?

Not sure this is a bug or not, but here goes:

I made a copy of a working, custom quilt in /quilts/custom, gave it a new name (UnansweredTimes.quilt.xml for Lithium's reference). Basically created a new quilt that didn't exist in Studio. (The orginal quilt I had previously built in Studio, but was now using the SDK version).

I then replaced the main custom component in the xml with a new custom component. This new component also didn't exist in Studio, I made it new and uploaded through the SDK.

I uploaded my plugin, could see the new custom component and new quilt in Studio. They both indicated they were SDK versions. The new custom quilt also indicated that it didn't exist in Studio before. Makes sense, I had only just created it.

Now, when I tried to load my custom page it would just instantly redirect to the homepage, without showing the page.

I went to the custom component, reverted it to the Studio version, then set it back to the SDK version.

Now the custom page works.

Odd?

ChhamaJ
    Khoros Staff

Hi PerBonomi

I am not sure if I followed all the steps that you mentioned but this is what I did:

• Created a quilt in studio (TestStudio) and added a custom component to it.
    • Copied the xml version of the quilt and created a new quilt in SDK (TestSDK) under quilts/custom with the xml copied. 
    • Replaced custom component in the custom quilt in SDK with the custom component created in SDK.
    • Uploaded plugin 
    • Opened my custom page (SDK one) and saw the component being rendered.

Let me know if I misunderstood or missed any step. 

Regards,
    Chhama