Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Keep topic-message atop Forum Topic Page and sort replies

Hi everyone,

On our Forum Topic Page, we have the thread-subject-header and topic-message positioned above the topic's solution and reply lists.

When I choose to sort a topic from Newest to Oldest, the topic-message is sent to the end of the page and oddly, the thread-subject-header is left behind on top of the page. I would like to have the "reply-list" sorted newest-to-oldest, but I want to keep the original topic-message on top of the page.

Anyone know how this could be achieved? Thanks!

• cstone - There isn't any way to do this by default since Lithium considers all the posts and original posts as a message and it gets sorted by the date. However, there could be a slight work around, but not fully working - where you could customize this behavior to achieve what you are looking for exactly. You could show the original post in a custom UI which you can design. However, it is not feasible OOTB.

• cstone - There isn't any way to do this by default since Lithium considers all the posts and original posts as a message and it gets sorted by the date. However, there could be a slight work around, but not fully working - where you could customize this behavior to achieve what you are looking for exactly. You could show the original post in a custom UI which you can design. However, it is not feasible OOTB.

cstone
      Ace

Thanks for the helpful info about how it works and the idea for a work around. That sounds like a good solution.