Khoros Atlas Logo

Occasional Contributor LawrenceLadomery
Occasional Contributor

Will this question appear on the Lithium website too?

I guess I am just testing...
0 Kudos
5 Replies 5
Lithium Alumni (Retired) Lithium Alumni (Retired)
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Re: Will this question appear on the Lithium website too?

Hi Lawrence,

It sure does post to the Lithosphere, our community. I'm guessing you posted your message from Facebook as a "test" and I just noticed it here on the Lithosphere. This response will show up on Facebook next time you check the Lithium fan page.

Regards,

RickyS

Tags (1)
Occasional Contributor LawrenceLadomery
Occasional Contributor

Hi RickyS,

I did post via Facebook, yes. And I'm happy I was able to delete my second test post.

A couple of questions, if I may.

Can Lithium pick up Tweets (and their replies) in a similar way too?

To what degree can the interface be themed?

Cheers,

Lawrence

0 Kudos
RickyShin
New Commentator

Hi Lawrence,

With regards to Tweets, Lithium communities have full Twitter integration capabilities - being able to pull in Tweets to start new topics/threads in the community, as well as the ability to tweet out any post (with the right permissions to tweet out).

I don't believe we have any Twitter-related capabilities through our Facebook Q&A interface (yet). I'd be interested to know what your ideas are around integrating Twitter into our FB interface.

You can add an image or logo header to the FB interface, but we are currently developing and releasing much more robust capabilities re: Facebook integration. This was announced last month at our conference: http://www.lithium.com/who-we-are/events/press-releases/2011/introducing-lithium-levelup

Hope that helps, and stay tuned for more!
RickyS
0 Kudos
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Ricky,

Indeed the twitter integration can be used to bring a tweet into the community and start a thread with the tweet's content as the first post.  The feature can be configured to reply to the twitter ID of the person with the question, letting them know that their tweet is being talked about in the community with the thread URL included in the tweet.

One difference in the current Facebook integration is that subsequent replies from either Facebook or the community stay "married" together and appear on both the forum thread and the facebook comments associated with the original message.   The twitter interface does not automatically trigger subsequent tweets targeted to the originator's twitter ID, and the tweet function applies to the thread level rather than individual message level.

Seem like an idea in here to have subsequent forum replies automatically trigger a retweet to @original person's ID  ?

Such a feature might help generate more activity in the tweet stream and keep the person on twitter coming back if they didn't bookmark the thread URL when it was first tweeted.  (I'm thinking about people with a lot of people they follow who might have busy twitter streams and could miss the first thread notification tweet).

What do you think?

Highlighted
Lithium Alumni (Retired) Lithium Alumni (Retired)
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Mark,

That is an interesting idea and I agree, it'll raise the profile of the community on the Twitter-verse, but at the same time, I worry that it might come off as a nuisance, or be interpreted as being too spammy, especially for original Tweet authors who may not have opted-in to receive "subscription" tweets in the first place. An initial note telling the tweet author their tweet is being talked about isn't too intrusive, but if all subsequent replies are tweeted back to that author, they may have qualms with that... thoughts?

I think your idea of allowing message level Tweets is a good one (have you entered it in the idea exchange?). Others have also asked about the ability to pull in tweets from the Twitter stream into existing threads, although that feature sounds like it might be more trouble than worth developing.

RickyS
0 Kudos