cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Change one word (Kudos) in the whole Community

Hi,

is it possible to change one word (in our case it is Kudos) in the whole Community in one go via the Text-Editor?

Thank you 

3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes, but for a term like “kudos” there are hundreds of text keys that need to be edited. You might consider a script to assist with the change. 

----------------------------------

Lili McDonald
Senior Community Manager @ Udemy
Connect on LinkedIn
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

...and it's a good thing there are multiple text keys.   For example in our forums we changed that text key to "Likes".   In our idea exchanges we changed it to "Votes".  

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Just search for kudos in the text editor and do it in one hit, but review where it will appear according to the descriptor bit of the key as in some places you may like it to appear in plural form etc.

For example: Kudos are Hearts on our community (cancer support). So in some places, it's more appropriate to have it say give "a heart" instead of immediately replacing "kudos" with "heart" than have it say give "heart" or give "hearts" etc.

-----------------------------

Cancer Council Online Community