cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Submitting Product Ideas - Your Best Practices Please

Good day everyone,

My community is utilized for support and helping out clients learn to use our products. We have a passionate customer base and are always developing our tools and collecting product ideas.

Often clients come to my community with questions and how-to's that are not current product features. When this happens, I engage and provide them a link to our product portal so they can submit their idea. Technically, these are unanswered questions; do any of you tag or identify questions that are actually ideas so you can track this behavior? I could move the post, but in our idea portal, we gather specific information so I rather not just move.

Do you tag and track these and how do you do so?
Thank you,

Toby

Community Manager - Seismic Software
4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We have a Best Practices section we maintain in Community where we do exactly that - Folks can write one out of the blue, else, we take content from the forums that is popular and work to turn it into more polished content.

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Best-Practices/tkb-p/communitykb

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Very cool @StanGromer & thanks for sharing.
We do something similar and get them to our ideas area; I am trying to figure how to understand and document how many questions are not questions. I might have to add a tag after the fact then search on the tag.

Cheers!
Toby

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

FWIW, one way to 'tag' them may be to use custom tags -> https://community.khoros.com/t5/Custom-tags/About-custom-tags/ta-p/35452

Generally speaking, only Admins/Mods would have access to it, so you could create tags and track it via that.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

This might be the way to go - add the tag after the fact